[R-SIG-Mac] XML crash

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Fri Jun 6 04:44:18 CEST 2014

Hi Duncan,

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Adrian Dușa <dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro> wrote:
> > [...]
> Hi Adrian
>
>  (Busy couple of days, so apologies for not replying to your off-list email.)
>
>  What is the output from
>
>  library(XML)
>  libxmlVersion()
>
>  On my OSX machine(s), I get the same as you got on Windows - i.e. failed to load HTTP resource.
>  But I have installed newer versions of libxml2 on my machines.

Don't worry about it, thanks very much for replying.
I could only get the libxml version on R 3.0.3 (it crashes under R 3.1.0):

> libxmlVersion()
$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "07"

$patch
[1] "03"

# under 3.1.0
> libxmlVersion()

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x18, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: .Call(if (runTime) "RS_XML_libxmlVersionRuntime" else
"RS_XML_libxmlVersion",     PACKAGE = "XML")
 2: libxmlVersion()

I hope this helps,
Adrian

--