[R-SIG-Mac] Problems loading Rcmdr on a Mac 10.7.2 and a Mac 10.6.8

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Sep 19 17:48:53 CEST 2013

Well, the I think it reads far more complicated that in needs to be. You should have a quickstart section that just says:

* Install R 3.0.1 or later
* Install XQuartz from http://xquartz.macosforge.org

Done. Current R only supports 10.6.8+ and so does XQuartz so the above covers everything that is supported right now (I recall having that discussion earlier...).

Then you can have troubleshooting section which says

a) make sure you installed R with Tcl/Tk (it is the default) - if in doubt, re-install R from CRAN
b) use Software Update

Then you can have a technical section with the details you show below, but 99% of users should not need to read it.