[R-SIG-Mac] Compiling against the Accelerate framework on OS X 10.9

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 28 11:37:29 CET 2013

Just for the record, I install the gcc binaries from http://hpc.sourceforge.net (no MacPorts anymore)  and with these I compile R from sources. Before I used the gcc4.8 from Macports - but never used R from MacPorts.

And yes, with Apple installation of any open-source software including a compilation via configure/make becomes complicated and it will always be.