[R-SIG-Mac] segfaults while editing code scripts on 10.9 mavericks
danfbflynn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 19:30:47 CET 2013
Following hints here for debugged version of R.app is working for me.
I had exactly the same problem, as well as more frequent crashes which are
not obviously replicable.
On Friday, November 15, 2013 7:12:08 AM UTC-5, Alexander Guczka wrote:
> Dear R-SIG,
> I have met some Problems since I updated to OSX Mavericks. From time to
> time does R crash with a "segfault" if I understand it correctly. I think
> that some of the crashes are associated with the R-GUI.
> One recurring (but not completely reproducible) crash happens, when I edit
> code-documents/scripts and try to search and replace more than one element
> at a time. I tried to reduce the amount of Elements to "replace all" but
> with no effect. Some days ago I switched to another code editor because of
> What happens? R stops working the second I click "replace all" and shows
> segfault – "memory not mapped"
> The other editor (sub-etha-edit) warns me that in R-GUI produced
> .R-scripts have different/not consistent line ending formats and suggest
> changing all to linux-style LF. Since changing one of my bigger scripts in
> sub-etha-edit "replace all" works again in R-GUI. Maybe this information
> I had a lot of crashes with 3.0.1 on Mavericks, changed to 3.0.2 which
> works really good most of the time. Because of the crash problem mentioned
> above I tried updating to a patched version of 3.0.2 with no significant
> effect (pun intended).
> current versions:
> R version 3.0.2 Patched (2013-11-11 r64202) -- "Frisbee Sailing"
> R.app GUI 1.62 (6596) x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0
> Best wishes,
> Alexander Guczka
> R-SIG-Mac mailing list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the R-SIG-Mac