[R-SIG-Mac] Installing spatstat 1.34-1

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:18:51 CET 2013

On 14 Nov 2013, at 18:58 , Sargeant, Glen <gsargeant at usgs.gov> wrote:

> The latest release of spatstat 1.34-1 requires R version >= 3.0.2.
>
> I upgraded my R installation to 3.0.2 and cannot install the new version of
> spatstat.  I strongly suspect this is a Mac-specific issue because I find
> no indication that others are having the same problem.
>
> I've double-checked package requirements.
>
> Version:1.34-1Depends:R (≥ 3.0.2), stats, graphics, grDevices, utils,
> mgcv<http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mgcv/index.html>
> , deldir <http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/deldir/index.html> (≥
> 0.0-21), abind <http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/abind/index.html>,
> tensor <http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/tensor/index.html>,
> polyclip<http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/polyclip/index.html>
>
> I've checked the version of my R installation:
>
>> R.version
>               _
> platform       x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0
> arch           x86_64
> os             darwin10.8.0
> system         x86_64, darwin10.8.0
> status
> major          3
> minor          0.2
> year           2013
> month          09
> day            25
> svn rev        63987
> language       R
> version.string R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
> nickname       Frisbee Sailing
>
> I've installed from CRAN and I get an out-dated version.

Installing from CRAN worked fine for me (same version info):

> library(spatstat)
This is mgcv 1.7-26. For overview type 'help("mgcv-package")'.
deldir 0.1-1
polyclip 1.1-0

spatstat 1.34-1       (nickname: ‘Window Cleaner’)
For an introduction to spatstat, type ‘beginner’

Notice that if you have installs in multiple locations, an older install might be masking a newer one.

> I've downloaded the Mac binary:
>
>> install.packages("~/Downloads/spatstat_1.34-1.tgz", repos = NULL)
> Warning in install.packages :
>  package ‘~/Downloads/spatstat_1.34-1.tgz’ is not available (for R version
> 3.0.2)

Did the “user-friendly” downloader perchance unpack the .tgz file for you?