[R-SIG-Mac] Can only install packages in my (user) library, even as administrator

Denis Chabot chabot.denis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 05:44:31 CET 2013

Hi,

I made 3 changes within a few days of each other and I don’t know which one caused this. I always installed new pacages (and updated existing packages) in the main library on my Mac, not in the library folder of my own account.

But after putting a new hard drive in my Mac, updating R to 3.0.2 (from 3.0.1), updating my OS to Mavericks, I can no longer do so, I receive error messages telling me I’d have to use the command line if I insisted in doing it now. So I installed them in my own account. As I am the only R user on my Mac, it is not a great deal. But I am curious to know which of my 3 changes is to blame for the change.

I forgot: my user account is an administrator account.

Thanks,

Denis Chabot