[R-SIG-Mac] Submitting Enhancements for Quartz Device

Colin A. Smith colin at colinsmith.org
Fri Aug 30 16:08:54 CEST 2013

I use R exclusively through the Terminal on Mac OS X and just made a few changes in grDevices to improve the quartz device appearance/functionality:

- I altered how the menus were created so that the "..." and "R" menus appear as "R" and "File".
- I changed the dock icon to use the R logo instead of the default command line program icon.
- I added a menu item to the Window menu that will show the Terminal window/tab the R process is running in.

How should I go about sharing this so that I can get feedback? If others agree, it would be great to have this integrated into the release version at some point.

Cheers,

Colin