[R-SIG-Mac] Can't load on Rcmdr

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Aug 30 01:11:59 CEST 2013

Dear Josh,

I'm not a frequent Mac user and my OS is Mountain Lion, so I can offer only
limited help.

It appears as if the version of Tcl/Tk that's included now with the Mac OS X
release of R (I assume that you're using R 3.0.0 or 3.0.1) needs a newer
version of X-Windows than you have. You might try installing the version of
X-Windows from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/, which is what's used
now that Apple has stopped shipping X-Windows with OS X. If this works,
please let me know and I'll modify the Rcmdr installation notes.

I'm also copying this response to Rob Goedman, who is much more
knowledgeable than I about Macs, and who has helped Mac OS X users of the
Rcmdr in the past.

Best,
 John