[R-SIG-Mac] OT Re:haxies and injection

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Sep 2 15:43:15 CEST 2012

Carl,

On Sep 2, 2012, at 9:01 AM, Carl Witthoft wrote:

> While I can understand the frustration and confusion caused by DefaultFolderX not playing nice with R and MountainLion,  I would like to point out that many if not all of us use an awful lot of OSX apps that are not R.   Default Folder is, and has been since its inception, a spectacularly useful tool.  Add to that the fact that there is an options dialog to list apps that DFX does NOT load into, and you should be fine to go.

this has absolutely nothing to do with R - all apps will be affected ("not playing nice with R" should read "not play nice at all"). The only difference is that most apps only emit stderr into the Console while R shows it to the user, so essentially you will see problems that affect your entire system. The problem will still exist in all the other apps, this is not something that will go away when you exclude R.