[R-SIG-Mac] R Update - FAILED- HELP!!!

Jean Jang jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:04:36 CEST 2012

Hi Thanks for your attention.

I avoided updating because I heard of similar problems. But found I
had to execute certain things. I can't find the R download in the
folder I initially tried but I remember it telling me that it could
not finish because the program was in use. I found this R icon next to
my applications folder and it is Rstudio 0.96.331 but says modified 27
Aug 12 - not sure if this is the version I tried today.

I do not know how to 'R --vanilla'

I would like to be able to run RStudio this is what I know of and was
running from before.

I downloaded the latest version of R from the CRAN website (R-2.15.1
signed.pkg) and restarted.

But the RStudio icon I had in my dock will still not launch. Now in my
applications folder I have RStudio (big blue ball) and two icons for
'R' - one with just 'R' the other with 'R64'. Should I be putting some
of these in the trash?

What should I do now?

Jean