[R-SIG-Mac] R Update - FAILED- HELP!!!

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 7 00:11:05 CEST 2012

On 06/10/2012 22:12, Jean Jang wrote:
> Apologies, I forgot to include the message from the Terminal:
>
> jeans-macbook-104:~ jean$ R
>
> R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)

Please try installing a current version of R from CRAN: that is several
versions old and 2.15.1 is current (and 2.15.2 imminent).

Do you know what version you updated from?

Had I been Michael I would have asked you to start R with 'R --vanilla':
one possibility is that the startup files have got corrupted or need
updating for the updated R.

> Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> ISBN 3-900051-07-0
> Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)
>
> R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
> Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>
>    Natural language support but running in an English locale
>
> R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
> Type 'contributors()' for more information and
> 'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>
> Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
> 'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>
> [Previously saved workspace restored]

That's one file you may need to get out of the way.