[R-SIG-Mac] installing Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 for X11 on Mountain Lion

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 1 15:45:34 CEST 2012

Dear John,

I'm an occasional Mac user and I didn't know that right-click -> Open works.
My response was to find the security option and permanently select "allow
applications downloaded from anywhere." The user who contacted me didn't get
that far. Mountain Lion has been out for a while and only one person has
complained, so you're probably right, though I'm not sure why it's better
for people to have to discover the right-click trick than to tell them.

I don't think that it will hurt to add a remark to the Rcmdr Mac
installation instructions, so I'll do that.

Best,
 John