[R-SIG-Mac] installing Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 for X11 on Mountain Lion

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 1 00:35:42 CEST 2012

All that is needed is to do a right click (or its equivalent),
where for "approved" software a left click works the needed
magic.  The user is then asked whether, notwithstanding
the lack of an Apple imprimatur, they wish to proceed.

A note to this effect might accompany any software that is
to be downloaded.  Most Mountain Lion users will rather
quickly latch onto this.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm