[R-SIG-Mac] R 32-bit suddenly the default on Mountain Lion 10.8.2?

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 21:07:24 CET 2012

On 13 Nov 2012, at 19:59, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Start with 'which R', or run /usr/bin/R explicitly.

$ which R
/usr/bin/R

>  That should be a symlink to
>
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R

it does:

$ ls -l /usr/bin/R
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  47 28 Oct 10:47 /usr/bin/R@ -> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R

> and that should be a symlink,

it's not:

$ ls -l /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R
-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  admin  8775 26 Oct 17:22 /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R*

$ ls /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R*
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R*       /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rd2pdf*
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R32*     /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rdconv*
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R64*     /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rdiff*
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/REMOVE*  /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rprof*
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rcmd*    /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rscript*

BW