[R-SIG-Mac] R 32-bit suddenly the default on Mountain Lion 10.8.2?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 20:59:13 CET 2012

Marc,

Start with 'which R', or run /usr/bin/R explicitly.  That should be a
symlink to

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R

and that should be a symlink,  If it is not like

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin  3 28 Oct 08:03
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R@ -> R64

or is linked to R32, change it to point to R64.

It is the installer which determines what it links to.  Specifically
https://svn.r-project.org/R-dev-web/trunk/CRAN/QA/Simon/R-build/packaging/leopard/scripts/postflight
.

If running /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R64 is not
x86_64, come back to us.

Brian