[R-SIG-Mac] Crash on pasting large amounts of text.

Demitri Muna thatsanicehatyouhave at mac.com
Thu May 3 17:55:59 CEST 2012

Hi Simon,

On May 3, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> That said, I cannot reproduce your problem. I tried copy/paste from TextEdit, I tried copy/paste from the R editor, I tried <Cmd><Enter> from the R editor and I tried sourcing the file and all of those work just fine. Can you elaborate on exactly how you reproduce the crash and what OS X version you have?

Here are the steps. I just updated my R installation yesterday as well, so I don't have anything beyond the standard packages installed.

- Open the data data file (e.g. BBEdit)
- Select all, copy
- Open R64
- Open a new file (command-N)
- Paste

The program will either crash or give me the SBOD with all of my CPUs running at 100% (the latter is new - it didn't happen yesterday). (I've seen programs do this, and I have never figured out what kind of coding error can lead to it!)

I'm on a Mac Pro, OS X 10.7.3.

I'm attaching the crash logs below. Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Cheers,
Demitri