[R-SIG-Mac] Crash on pasting large amounts of text.

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu May 3 15:45:07 CEST 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Demitri Muna wrote:

> On May 2, 2012, at 11:24 PM, David Winsemius wrote:
>
>> I'm the only one who got that zipped file and I'm not planning on opening a potentially executable file on this machine.
>
> The attachment arrived on the resent message from the r-sig-mac list for me. If you have any suggestions on how I can deliver this otherwise, I'm open.

It's ok - some Windows people are scared of ZIP files because of the buggy tools that Windows uses to handle them can get tricked to spreading viruses. Fortunately, that is no concern for Mac user or anyone with some knowledge. ZIPs have somewhat inefficient compression - in your case you could simply gzip the file.

That said, I cannot reproduce your problem. I tried copy/paste from TextEdit, I tried copy/paste from the R editor, I tried <Cmd><Enter> from the R editor and I tried sourcing the file and all of those work just fine. Can you elaborate on exactly how you reproduce the crash and what OS X version you have?

Thanks,