[R-SIG-Mac] cannit get list of binary packages from the GUI

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Mar 17 12:20:59 CET 2012

On 17 Mar 2012, at 11:06, David Winsemius wrote:

>> Hmm... it's not empty on the master machine -- use http://r.research.att.com as the mirror - it should work ...
>>

> Could PACKAGES file be in some damaged state that R cannot process? When I change the repository to that value  in the R64 GUI and try to see either either the binary versions or the source versions of contributed packages in the Package Installer I get these warnings at the console:

I don't know about that, but changing the repo (yesterday) fixed the isse on the R64 GUI (yesterday's latest GUI version). No warnings.

Federico C. F. Calboli
Neuroepidemiology and Ageing Research
Imperial College, St. Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com