[R-SIG-Mac] Lion and X11

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sat Jan 28 19:46:35 CET 2012

Yes, although I have started X11.app and run R from within an xterm I get:

 > plot(1:8)
No protocol specified
Error in X11(d$display, d$width, d$height, d$pointsize, d$gamma,
d$colortype,  :
   unable to start device X11
In addition: Warning message:
In function (display = "", width, height, pointsize, gamma, bg,  :
   unable to open connection to X11 display ''
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.14.1 (2011-12-22)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

I have never had this problem on Snow Leopard, Leopard or Tiger!

Does someone have an idea what might be the reason?

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a