[R-SIG-Mac] ESC key and STOP button not working in R 2.14.1

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 29 07:22:42 CET 2012

On 29/02/2012 00:02, R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2012, at 4:41 PM, bugreport19621012 at fastmail.fm wrote:
>

>> The most recent email on this appears to be https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2012-January/008967.html
>>
>> which says, "the most recent GUI is back to the old behavior."
>>
>> Does this refer to some more recent GUI than the following?
>
> Yes (note that message is after the build date you give) - you could
build the new GUI yourself tonight, but R 2.14.2 is going out to CRAN
tomorrow so I'd just wait for that.

The GUI is a separate build (and install): the current version is almost
always available from http://r.research.att.com/ .  It has a build
number (currently 6118) seen when starting R.app: it is good to report
that as well as sessionInfo().

Whereas the source release of CRAN is due today, binary builds will take
a little longer (possibly several days, as happened for 2.14.1).