[R-SIG-Mac] R64, Lion and Quartz : text issue on plot()

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 19:36:32 CET 2012

On Feb 9, 2012, at 2:07 AM, Manu N wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm running R64.app on Mac OS X.7.3.
> I have an issue :
>
>> a = c(1,2,3)
>> plot(a)
>
> produces a plot on a quartz window but without any text (labels,
> etc.)

Sounds like corrupted font files. The quartzFonts are different than
the pdfFonts. This is based on experience with earlier version of
MacOS. In my (earlier) system the fix has been to find the Helvetica
fonts in Fontbook.app and remove the corrupted (often duplicated) ones
which you can identify as being the ones that display as blanks.

--
david.