[R-SIG-Mac] finding things in R manuals

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:05:46 CET 2012

On 12-02-03 6:37 AM, Ruth Ripley wrote:
> I prefer Adobe reader's directory search. But I don't have the
> up-to-date set of pdf manuals on my computer. I can do an easy global
> search of the html manuals with text wrangler but I then have to read
> html. I am thinking I will have to start building my own R just to get
> the ability to build the manual pdf's.

They are also available for download from CRAN, though you won't get the
Mac OSX FAQ.  See the "Documentation" link on the left.

I forget whether there's a way to add items to the menu, but you can
certainly write a function to pick one and open it, e.g.

doc <- function(manual=file.choose()) {
   system(paste('open', manual))
}

Duncan Murdoch