[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.15.2, OS X 10.8.2, JGR

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 28 20:40:55 CET 2012

Hi All:

I recently upgraded my computer to 10.8.2, and my Java is now java 1.7 from Oracle.  I am running R 2.15.2, and now rjava and JGR don't work because what appears to be a problem with ipot.  I tried reinstalling rjava and got the following:

> > install.packages("rJava")
> Installing package(s) into ‘/Users/rmendels/Library/R/2.15/library’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.15/rJava_0.9-3.tgz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 791689 bytes (773 Kb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 773 Kb
>

> The downloaded binary packages are in
> 	/var/folders/s9/bk_j9rcd20j57ggb42zqkf040000gq/T//RtmpQLO8wa/downloaded_packages
> Warning message:
> In install.packages(c("iplots"), lib = "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/",  :
>   installation of package ‘iplots’ had non-zero exit status

Then if I load JGR I get:

> > library(JGR)
> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'iplots', details:
>   call: .jinit()
>   error: JNI_GetCreatedJavaVMs returned -1
>
> Error: package ‘iplots’ could not be loaded
> JavaVM: requested Java version ((null)) not available. Using Java at "" instead.
> JavaVM: Failed to load JVM: /bundle/Libraries/libserver.dylib
> JavaVM FATAL: Failed to load the jvm library.

 I tried building iplots from source, but that failed with basically the same error.  I assume iplots is looking for java 1.6.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Roy M.

**********************
**********************