[R-SIG-Mac] problem installing geepack package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 09:23:18 CEST 2011

This is something you need to take up with the geepack maintainer (who
is also the doBy maintainer).  I find his misuse of Depends
ridiculous: we have Suggests and Enhances for such loose dependencies.

You can easily get snow, as a source or a binary package.

Did you update your packages?  Several packages which came with 2.13.2
have updates available: one is Matrix.

lme4 is tied to a specific version of Matrix, and the Mac binary
package repository for 2.13.2 has versions of Matrix (0.999375-50) and
lme4 (0.999375-40) which do not work together for me.  But the current
Matrix is 1.0-1 and current lme4 is 0.999375-42. So AFAIK the only
option is to install these packages from their sources.

Simon: the binary repository on the CRAN master for 2.14.0 has not be
updated for 4 weeks and is rather incomplete, and clearly the 2.13.2
area needs some updates.  With 2.14.0 less than a week away, this is
getting urgent.

Brian