[R-SIG-Mac] [R] How to run Rcmdr with OS 10.4?

rocher.f at free.fr rocher.f at free.fr
Wed Oct 12 19:10:32 CEST 2011

Dear Professor,

Thank you for your help.
Yes I daily work with OS X4… and I know how R run better and faster with OS X6 : they're installed on my private computer! Unfortunately, I don't need statistics at home!!

Concerning my problem, I've checked it and you're right : tcltk doesn't work correctly. Here is the warning message :

> library(tcltk)
> example(tkProgressBar)

tkPrgB> ## No test:
tkPrgB> pb <- tkProgressBar("test progress bar", "Some information in %",
tkPrgB+                     0, 100, 50)
Erreur dans structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class = "tclObj") :
  [tcl] invalid command name "toplevel".

It looks like an environment problem… but I don't understand what.

Best regards,

F. Rocher