[R-SIG-Mac] [R] How to run Rcmdr with OS 10.4?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Oct 12 18:11:26 CEST 2011

Dear rocher.f,

I'm moving this discussion to the r-sig-mac list, where you're more likely to get an informative response.

The Rcmdr package did work with Mac OS X 10.4 and versions 2.9.2 and 2.10.2 of R, but all of these versions are quite old, and I'm afraid that I no longer have an OS X 10.4 system. Maybe someone else with better memory of Mac OS X versions and older versions of R for the Mac will be able to tell you what to do. I do recall something about starting up X11 directly.

It looks as if the problem lies with Tcl/Tk, and you could check that by loading and testing the tcltk package independently of the Rcmdr, e.g.,

John Fox
Senator William McMaster
  Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology