[R-SIG-Mac] Java error loading deducer

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 15:49:22 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I would like to try the library 'Deducer' (http://www.deducer.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.DeducerManual), because I have to introduce my other half to R. I installed JGR and Deducer and all the required libraries, but I get a java error:

[using the R64 Mac GUI]

> library(Deducer)

Attaching package: 'reshape'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:plyr':

    rename, round_any

Note: On Mac OS X we strongly recommend using iplots from within JGR.
Proceed at your own risk as iplots cannot resolve potential ev.loop deadlocks.
'Yes' is assumed for all dialogs as they cannot be shown without a deadlock,
also ievent.wait() is disabled.
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'iplots', details:
  call: .jnew("org/rosuda/iplots/Framework")
  error: java.lang.InternalError: Can't start the AWT because Java was started on the first thread.  Make sure StartOnFirstThread is not specified in your application's Info.plist or on the command line
Error: package 'iplots' could not be loaded

I am using R version 2.13.2 (2011-09-30), on an intel Mac running OS 10.7.2.

I am not clear which Info.plist I should look at, and I would welcome any suggestion.

Cheers

Federico

--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Neuroepidemiology and Ageing Research

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com