[R-SIG-Mac] function hint is missing in 2.13.0

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun May 8 14:55:05 CEST 2011

On May 7, 2011, at 7:35 PM, William Revelle wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Robert is referring (I suspect) to those wonderful hints at the
> bottom of the console window that tell what the function parameters
> are.

The ones that used to change each time you type "(".

> Yes, hints work fine on most of my machines, but do not on an iMac
> running OS 10.5.8 that I recently installed in my lab.  (I am at
> home and can not do a sessionInfo on my lab machine right now.)
>
> For me, the hints line flashes when R is first loading and then is
> never to be seen again.
>
> This happens on the iMac for 2.13.0 as well as 2.14.0  and with RGui
> 1.40 and 1.41  (this is from memory).

It's also happening as described by Bill on an OSX 10.5.8 machine with
R version 2.13.0 beta (2011-04-04 r55296) running with the R64 GUI
that came as a bundle from the att.research site. I figured I had
forgotten how to set an option. I just tried with the 32 bit GUI and
get the same lack of earlier behavior (.... display of argument list
at bottom of GUI window when function name is followed by "(". at the
command line) . And tried with the terminal version and it doesn't
have the grey border so there would have been no place to display that
information.

--
David.