[R-SIG-Mac] function hint is missing in 2.13.0

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Sun May 8 01:35:51 CEST 2011

Simon,

Robert is referring (I suspect) to those wonderful hints at the
bottom of the console window that tell what the function parameters
are.

Yes, hints work fine on most of my machines, but do not on an iMac
running OS 10.5.8 that I recently installed in my lab.  (I am at home
and can not do a sessionInfo on my lab machine right now.)

For me, the hints line flashes when R is first loading and then is
never to be seen again.

This happens on the iMac for 2.13.0 as well as 2.14.0  and with RGui
1.40 and 1.41  (this is from memory).

Bill

--
William Revelle		http://personality-project.org/revelle.html