[R-SIG-Mac] import data Mac OS

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon May 2 15:53:00 CEST 2011

Thor,

One of the most important things when asking a question on a list is some context. From the line below it would appear that you might be using Mac OS 9? If this is the case, you are unlikely to get much help from anywhere these days.

But if you were using Mac OS X, something like :

> read.csv(file="/Users/ThorJ/Desktop/heightweight.csv"

I would expect to work.  the path you can find the in the file Information.

FWIW, if you are using the GUI or the terminal, you can type in the

read.csv(file='

and then drag the file you want to read into the command line, whereupon by the magic that I don't really need to understand it will populate the line with the correct path, then you can add the final quote and the bracket.

but in future, read the posting guide, provide at least the output of the sessionInfo() command and maybe a minimal code example. If it's relevant, consider upgrading to Mac OS X.

good luck

Ben