[R-SIG-Mac] RSwitch question

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Mon Jul 25 19:55:19 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I installed the RSwitch app RSwitch-1.2.dmg  from http://r.research.att.com/#other
and installed R-2.13.1 R-2.13-branch-leopard.pkg  from http://r.research.att.com

Before installing R-2.13.1 I ran the "forget" command

$ sudo pkgutil --forget org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg
Password:
Forgot package 'org.r-project.R.Leopard.fw.pkg' on '/'.

then ran the installer.  R-2.13.1 starts up when I invoke R.app.

I ran the RSwitch app, selected R-2.12.1 and when I start R.app I see

Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7

R version 2.13.1 Patched (2011-07-24 r56492)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
In addition: Warning message:
package "methods" in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘utils’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘grDevices’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘graphics’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘stats’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
During startup - Warning message:
package ‘methods’ in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
Error in matrix(NA_character_, 0L, 3L) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(matrix) which requires 7
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'grDevices'

 *** caught bus error ***
address 0x7b, cause 'non-existent physical address'

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection:

I am unclear as to why I am seeing R-2.13.1 after attempting to switch back to R-2.12.1.

Any one else having this issue?

Did I miss some part of setting this up appropriately?

Any info appreciated.

Best

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre