[R-SIG-Mac] Lion

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jul 23 20:11:22 CEST 2011

On 23 Jul 2011, at 00:44, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> Since I got a few private e-mails concerning Lion, this is just to say that nothing changed since the last Lion post here a while ago (you'll still have to open Quartz explicitly in command line R).
> R works out of the box and you have the choice of using the CRAN Fortran (/usr/local) or the Xcode 4.1 add-on.

Just as a note: I installed the fortran compiler from

http://r.research.att.com/tools/

(the gfortran 4.2.3)

and, on my SL machine it was installed in /usr/bin, not /usr/local:

pkgutil --file-info /usr/bin/gfortran
volume: /
path: /usr/bin/gfortran  <<<<<<<---- *not /usr/local/*

pkgid: org.r-project.gnuFortran42.usr.pkg
pkg-version: 5664
install-time: 1310405109
uid: 501
gid: 0
mode: 755

I would not know if it matters anyway, pkgutil --files org.r-project.gnuFortran42.usr.pkg will tell me where all the files are if I want to delete them.

> In addition, Lion users are encouraged to install R 2.13.1 from CRAN (or re-install if you upgraded from SL) since it is Lion-aware (yes, even though it was released before Lion ;)). It re-enables vecLib BLAS as it seems the Mac Pro issue has been fixed in Lion.

does this apply to gfortran and tcl/tk, i.e. should they be reinstalled?

Cheers,

Federico