[R-SIG-Mac] GUI bracket-matching and window positioning

Tim Cole tim.cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 17:30:59 CEST 2011

A couple of queries-comments about the Mac gui.

1. I'm curious what determines where new editor and quartz windows are
positioned. Usually editor windows appear in the middle of my screen,
and successive windows in the session shift down and to the right. My
impression is that the last window position is remembered between
sessions. Is there a way to reset the position of the initial window?

2. Quartz windows always open bottom left on my screen, irrespective of
the preference setting. I've mentioned this before, but the behaviour
has not changed. Am I altering the preference setting incorrectly, or is
it broken?

3. I'm much enjoying the new gui editor. I've noticed that the following
arcane bit of code defeats the bracket balancer, because some of the
brackets are quoted and others aren't. Note that all the quote
characters are single quotes.

     b <- 'b+c'
     paste('(a', ifelse(!is.null(b), paste('-(', b, '))', sep=''), ')'),
sep='')

My setup:
R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
[R.app GUI 1.41 (5874) i386-apple-darwin9.8.0]

Tim
--

Tim.Cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk Phone +44(0)20 7905 2666 Fax +44(0)20 7905 2381
MRC Centre of Epidemiology for Child Health,