[R-SIG-Mac] Installing Mac packages from a directory of .tgz files

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Sat Jan 15 07:39:24 CET 2011

Well, still no responses, but I'm further along the trail. I decided
that I must need that 'PACKAGES' file so I went back to CRAN and got it,
and placed it in my /Applications/tgz12.1/ folder.

This time with 'Other Directory URL' as 'files:///Applications/tgz12.1/'
I at least got the Package list populated in the 'Repository Version'
column.

I selected all and clicked 'Install Selected' to no obvious result,
although maybe I was too impatient. Then I tried again selecting only
the first package 'abc' but still it seems without response.

Hey-ho

Murray

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand