[R-SIG-Mac] Installing Mac packages from a directory of .tgz files

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Sat Jan 15 03:12:54 CET 2011

I had another try using the package installer, this time using
file:///Applications/tgz12.1/
in the URL slot.

If I use the "Other Repository" option I get:

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In gzfile(file, "r") :
   cannot open compressed file
'/Applications/tgz12.1/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.12/PACKAGES',
probable reason 'No such file or directory'

and if I use the "Other Directory URL" I get

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In gzfile(file, "r") :
   cannot open compressed file '/Applications/tgz12.1//PACKAGES',
probable reason 'No such file or directory'

Maybe I should attempt to create a file called PACKAGES?

Murray

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand