[R-SIG-Mac] Finding package files

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 4 01:10:27 CET 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 6:30 PM, Murray Jorgensen wrote:

> On my PC I can find my R package files under
> C:\apps\R\R-2.12.1\library
> (we seem to have a local tradition here to use 'apps' rather than
> 'Program Files').
>
> I think I have done a fairly standard R install on my Mac. Where
> might I expect the package files to be?

There is some sort of symlink ( that is white-magic to the Unix-
challenged folk like me) to the actual Resources/library/ folder in:
 > .libPaths()
[1] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/"

In the Finder you will see the actual location in a Versions folder.
Mine are currently here:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.12/Resources/library/

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT