[R-SIG-Mac] How to report a segmentation fault

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed Dec 7 15:03:10 CET 2011

Daniel,

I can't help much with the segfault, but if you want someone to help you need to provide a minimum reproducible example. In this case you have the code, but not the data - leaving me wondering :

is this dataset so huge that most computers would run out of capacity?
does it happen with a subset of the data? (even just a few rows... one row?)
does it happen with a hist of anything - what does hist(rnorm(1e4)) give you ?
is there a column called foo in the file?
is there an out of range value in the csv file?

I would suggest you supply the data (or at least as much as is required to reproduce the error), and also the output of sessionInfo()

As a R newbie, you might also want to have a look at :

http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

I hope someone can help you more than I!

cheers

Ben