[R-SIG-Mac] ATLAS BLAS

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Thu Oct 21 01:35:05 CEST 2010

I have R 2.11.1 installed (soon will update to R 2.12)
and I appear to have a Nehalem-based Mac Pro.

I'm trying to find documentation about how to set up R on
my Mac so I'm using the ATLAS BLAS.

I installed this version of R using the Mac installer R-2.11.1.pkg.
Does this installer set up R that uses the ATLAS BLAS, or are there
additional steps I need to take to have R use the ATLAS BLAS?

Once R is up and running, can anyone tell me how I can determine
which BLAS R is using?

Any info appreciated.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0

locale:
[1] en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8/C/C/en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.11.1

Steven McKinney