[R-SIG-Mac] can't Rcmdr to work with R 2.12 on just one machine

Vokey, John vokey at uleth.ca
Wed Nov 17 08:11:54 CET 2010

All,

  No matter what I do (e.g., complete re-install of R and then Rcmdr (with dependencies=TRUE)), Rcmdr will not launch on just one of my computers (all running 10.6.5): it crashes (R becomes ``non-responding" as it loads Tcl).  It also happened on OS X 10.6.4 (last week).  The computer is a two-week-old MacBook Pro.  Every other of my Intel Macs (all older), including 6 mos old otherwise identical MacBook Pros show no such problem.  Suggestions?
See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>