[R-SIG-Mac] R-app for naive users

Ruth M. Ripley ruth at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 26 02:30:01 CET 2010

David,

Many thanks for your helpful comments.

I am still struggling to get consistent behavior from the Mac. For myself
I think I will stick to R in the terminal as that works more or less
platform independently.

For my students, I will just warn them not to expect the R.app to work at
all like the RGui which I demo. Since I do not really know which
differences are features and which are likely to alter, I don't think it
worth my while reseaching and teaching many details.

The cut and paste problem: I have a habit of wanting to alter and rerun
just one line of a pasted block. But that's probably just what has been
convenient for me up to now.

As for libraries, I don't even know what a framework tree is yet. I will
have to find out...

Regards,

Ruth