[R-SIG-Mac] Hang with help link to pdf overview file

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Jun 15 22:31:39 CEST 2010

David,

On Jun 15, 2010, at 3:30 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> A post to r-help today prompted me to see if I could reproduce the problems the poster was having with a hang as a result of access to a pdf vignette for package zoo. I was not able to get a hang with using (from the GUI):
> vignette("zoo")
> but I was able to get a hang when access the zoo help Index and choosing the "overview" link at the top of the help browser page. The OP was using R 2.11.1, while I was using R 2.10.1. We both were using OSX 10.5.8.

Do you have any Adobe plugins installed? They are known to be buggy and crash at times. The standard OS X pdf viewers work just fine.

In case you have no plugins - can you, please, describe in detail how to reproduce the issue? (GUI/ command line, exact version) I was following your steps in the GUI [R.app GUI 1.34 (5589) i386-apple-darwin9.8.0] and it was working just fine on 10.6.3 (I don't have access to 10.5 at the moment).

Thanks,
Simon