[R-SIG-Mac] [R] lme4 + R 2.11.0 + mac unavailable

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sat Jul 31 04:25:05 CEST 2010

Is optimisation of code a possibility, i.e., the same algebraic calculations
done  in a slightly different way depending on the state of various registers?
E.g., (ab)c vs a(bc), but it would almost certainly be more subtle than that.
That seems to me the sort of thing that is likely to be Mac-specific.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm