[R-SIG-Mac] How close to the bleeding edge?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Jul 4 19:28:41 CEST 2010

Eric,

On Jul 2, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Eric Ditwiler wrote:

> I like to do all my upgrades at once and then leave well enough alone for a while.
>
> My hard drive died so I had them put 10.6.4 on my iMac when they resurrected it.
>
> After some finagling my guys were able to get rattle to run with GTK 2.18.5 under R64 2.11.
>
> I was able to get lattistist to run under rattle but not rggobi--though regular GGobi runs.
>
> My guys want me to go back to 32 bit R2.10 but I am inclined to think that this will sort itself out in the next few months.
>
> Does anyone have any insights on how long it takes to make everything play together nicely?

What makes you think they don't? Can you be more specific, please? To my knowledge rggobi works nicely in 64-bit for years (and is trivial to install for some time, too) so your comments are rather startling ... I don't use rattle nor latticist (assuming that is the package you meant) myself but AFAICS both binaries work in 64-bit just fine and others are using it so I'm not quite sure what distinguishes you from other users that those package should not "play nicely" in your presence ...