[R-SIG-Mac] Failed compile of cshapes package

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jan 27 00:11:05 CET 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 16:19 , Nils B. Weidmann wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been submitting more recent versions of my cshapes package to
> CRAN. Whereas version 0.1-1 compiled just fine, all subsequent
> releases failed to do so, but only under OS X:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_cshapes.html
>
> This is weird, because
> * the example that triggered the OS X compilation error was not
> changed between 0.1-1 and now

The issue is that you compiled it with too high target:
   java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number
in .class file

We only support JDK 1.5. Please use -target 1.5 when compiling your
class files (they seem to not require 1.6 at all).

> * this example has also been excluded from testing (using "Not run:")

No, it's not -- the "Not run" is just your comment, it has no
influence on the examples.

> Any suggestions of what I could do?

See above.