[R-SIG-Mac] Error when installing gtools package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 15:10:23 CET 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Helene Frigstad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having difficulties installing the gtools pacakge. I am using
> R64 on Mac OS X version 10.6.2. I allready have gtools in my package
> manager, but cannot load it:
>
> library (gplots)
> Error: package 'gtools' could not be loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE,
> lib.loc = lib.loc) :
> there is no package called 'gtools'
>
> when I try to install again I get:

Did you include a requirement that dependencies be installed as well?
(And why didn't you "try" to install gtools? That was the problem
package.)

You could trash both of them and then repeat the installation of
gtools with dependencies required. By default they would be in:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.10/Resources/library

--
David