[R-SIG-Mac] Error when installing gtools package

Helene Frigstad helene.frigstad at gfi.uib.no
Fri Jan 22 14:20:42 CET 2010

Hi,

I am having difficulties installing the gtools pacakge. I am using R64 on Mac OS X version 10.6.2. I allready have gtools in my package manager, but cannot load it:

library (gplots)
Error: package 'gtools' could not be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc) :
 there is no package called 'gtools'

when I try to install again I get:

trying URL 'http://cran.ii.uib.no/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.10/gplots_2.7.4.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 331160 bytes (323 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 323 Kb

tar: Failed to set default locale

The downloaded packages are in
	/var/folders/Ov/OvnH9wwWGcOwAVTHGCBZ6++++TI/-Tmp-//Rtmphruf6C/downloaded_packages

is there anyone who knows how I can solve this? I need to produce some plots with CI before monday, so any help is very much appreciated!

Best regards,
Helene Frigstad
Phd student in Chemical Oceanography
University of Bergen