[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.10.1, OSX 10.4.11, and maybe a firewall

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Sat Jan 16 20:27:49 CET 2010

<quote>
As Simon said, 2.10.1 on Tiger 10.4.11 fixed annoying bugs related to help
and syntax error messages which make the old 2.10.0 unusable
on my 10.4.11 PPC.
Now, all is fine
Phil from Belgium
</quote>

Wish I could say the same.  Status for me remains as before: even in a
new, "clean" user account, the help window is blank, and if I invoke the
"fuzzy logic" window the list of matches shows but clicking on one does
nothing.

If I use help({something}, help_type="text"),  I get the text help
window with the full help info.  (and help.start() does bring up a fully
working browser page whose 'search' link works just fine)

Can you suggest anything else I can try?  If it does have something to
do with web help and the firewall I'm behind at work,  is there a
console log or some other file I could dredge up for info?

thanks again
Carl