[R-SIG-Mac] R GUI with different version of R

William Northcott b.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Mon Feb 15 07:05:40 CET 2010

I have multiple versions of R installed.

The default is set with RSwitch to 2.9.  This is what runs from a shell.

If I start the R.app gui which is from 2.10 I get a crash:

> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>
> Error in strsplit(x[ok], "[.-]") :
>   5 arguments passed to .Internal(strsplit) which requires 6
> Error in strsplit(msg, "\n") :
>   5 arguments passed to .Internal(strsplit) which requires 6
> Error in strsplit(x[ok], "[.-]") :
>   5 arguments passed to .Internal(strsplit) which requires 6
>
>  *** caught segfault ***
> address 0xc000000c, cause 'memory not mapped'
>
> Possible actions:
> 1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
> 2: normal R exit

As I understood the FAQ this should have worked.  Is it possible to use a current R gui with older frameworks?

Thanks
Bill Northcott