[R-SIG-Mac] learning R

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Fri Dec 10 16:22:04 CET 2010

Next to "begging the question,"  the phrase "steep learning curve" is
probably the most misused cliche out there.

A 'learning curve' represents knowledge (or understanding) as a function
of time.  THerefore,  the steeper the better.
Please help save the English language from descent into Humpty-Dumpty
land, and train your colleagues in the correct usage of both these terms.

Carl