[R-SIG-Mac] Question about line type in contour() function (R 2.11.1)

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 02:46:20 CEST 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 5:20 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 05/08/2010 7:18 PM, David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM wrote:

>>> contour(u,v,p,lty=2)
>> I still get a solid line drawn.
>>

> <snip>
>
> x <- contourLines(u, v, p)
> plot(range(u), range(v), type="n")
> lapply(x, function(c) lines(c, lty=2)

Thanks for the quick response. I wondered about the grid size, but what I used is about what it takes to get a nice-looking curve. I could play with the grid size a bit to see if I can get a decent curve and a dashed line.

I wondered if it might be grid size. That was the only thing I could think of that was different between the two datasets. I should have followed my instinct and test it. Good call.

I can use the workaround, I think. I'll give that a go in the morning and hopefully get over my hump and deliver the analyses.

Thanks again...

-=d